“Mess, mud, motivating and just simply amazing fun.”
In2play: Hastings Adventure Playground
After school, free of charge, open access play sessions.
The Adventure Playground is for open access play.
This means the children have access to what they want to play with, when and who with.
- We provide staff to watch over your children.
- Children are not restricted in their movements, except regarding safety.
- Children can come and go as they wish, although, if asked, we can phone a parent/carer if a child leaves the session.
- Parents fill in a registration form and children sign themselves in, each time they come.
When we are open
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
Registered children aged 8 to 13 are free to come and go, between 3.30pm and 5.30pm on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Saturday session is a mixed session for un-supervised over 8s and families with children of all ages. 10.30am-12.30pm.
The playground invites 8-13 year olds to experience play opportunities that are often difficult to find elsewhere in the town.
Adventure and taking risks is an important part of growing up and it is through play that children learn about themselves and the world around them.
- The playground has an exciting indoor and outdoor space.
- In the inside space children can use clay, paint, glue and generally recycle junk. They use hand tools to make small and large constructions out of wood and build camps using whatever comes to hand.
- In the playgrounds challenging wooded outdoor space it has a zip wire, tyre swings, slides, lots of clambering terrain as well as a flat hardstanding area and a wooden tower.
- There are also quiet places for children to sit, share stories, read or enjoy the natural space around them.
- Children are encouraged to play inside and out, in all weathers.
Our outdoor space can get muddy- and some creative activities can also be messy- so Please wear old clothes – shoes with closed toes would be the safest.
- Playworkers check the site daily for safety reasons.
- Our trained Playworkers promote the importance of play and support children’s play. They keep up to date with current Playwork thinking and practice. We provide a welcoming and flexible environment where children can find materials and support, so that they can build and adapt their own play space to suit their own needs.
A Map to The Adventure Playground
Hastings Adventure Playground, Upper Broomgrove Road, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3PH
Like to help local children? Find out about volunteering here. Many thanks.